The Medieval Festival in Sighisoara has started on Friday
After a break of one year, the longest-lived Medieval Festival in Romania returns to Sighișoara on Friday, with the participation of Romanian and foreign bands and artists, craftsmen and visitors, including from abroad. The event was prepared in a record time of a month and a half and has a small budget of 300 thousand lei, but the city hall of Sighișoara is determined to offer everyone an unforgettable experience. The only inhabited medieval fortress in this part of Europe will be animated from today by truvers, minstrels, guards, warriors, knights, ladies, craftsmen from all over the country and abroad. The medieval style is the obligatory element, and the handicraft products from the stalls in the fortress will be only those specific to the evoked period. The events will take place at all the bastions and squares of Sighișoara, but also on the main stage where Friday will be presented the premiere of the play „The Farce of Master Pathelin” directed by Toma Enache, who is also the director of the festival, and on Sunday the band Phoenix will support a concert. The entrance to the fortress is free, but participants have to wore protective masks, and only those vaccinated or who have a negative COVID test have access near the stage.
Nearly 15,000 Romanians were vaccinated against COVID in the last 24 hours
Nearly 15,000 people have been vaccinated against COVID in the last 24 hours, of which 10,000 with the first dose. More than 100,000 doses from Moderna and about 90,000 from Johnson & Johnson will arrive in the country on Friday. Romania has so far received about 1.7 million doses from Moderna, but just over 700,000 have been used to immunize the population. Regarding the single dose Johnson & Johnson serum, almost one million doses were delivered in Romania and less than half were administered. Meanwhile, the number of new COVID cases continues to increase slightly, 170 cases out of 28 thousand tests performed and one death being reported on Thursday. A total of 384 COVID patients are hospitalized, of which 49 are in intensive care units.
The Romanian Prime Minister to launch in public debate the draft budget rectification
Romanian Prime Minister Florin Cȋţu announced that he intends to launch in public debate the draft budget rectification on August 16, and the document will be adopted later. Government ministries have demanded exaggerated sums for next month’s budget rectification, Prime Minister Florin Citu said. He specified that the amounts total 38 billion lei and underlined that would receive the requested money only those institutions that are up to date with the budget spending. „The idea is that everyone should understand that we want to reduce the budget deficit, not increase it, but of the 38 billion, we will of course allocate only where I am sure the money will be spent. The budget rectification starts from the execution, and the budget execution on almost all ministries is below what it should have been in the first half of the year. After the discussion at the Ministry of Finance, I will present a situation to my fellow deputy prime ministers and then we will send to the ministries the proposal of the Minister of Finance „, said Prime Minister Cȋțu./mbaciu